Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Meaningful Music

I listen to Christian Radio all the time. Especially in the car. It helps me stay focused and keep the right perspective in mind. I posted links to two songs that really mean a lot to me. The video for "Broken Together" depicts a divorced couple but I still connect it to Scott and I.
"Maybe you and I were never meant to be complete
Could we just be broken together
If you can bring your shattered dreams and I'll bring mine
Could healing still be spoken and save us
The only way we'll last forever is broken together"

I remember being in the hospital the night Nathan died. We were waiting until morning so I could have the c section and one of the things I kept repeating to Scott was- We still get to be husband and wife. We still get to be husband and wife. We still get to be husband and wife.
I know we both didn't want to live that night- But we made it through that night and 140 more nights since.

"I'll Keep On" by NF

and

"Broken Together" by Casting Crowns

No comments: